Easter 2016

Easter 2016

Sunday, February 27, 2011

No Regrets

I try not to have regrets. Regret mean that you were wrong, and I am not good at admitting that. Just kidding, I am the greatest of the least and am wrong often! But to regret something often does not acknowledge the advantages of a situation, and God given at that. So, even though I think that it is a good idea and it turns out to be not, there are still reasons that must be purposeful to serve my boss, so who am I to regret anything? No regrets baby, just lessons!

Lessons like, some people are less capable than others to have healthy relationships and some people have patterns and habits in their communication that destroy trust. These same persons may be trapped in bondage to their own dysfunction and create their own environment to facilitate their drive to be rescued and or subjected to some type of excuse for their irresponsible behaviors. Boy oh boy, loud and clear: RAISE YOUR CHILDREN TO BE HONEST AND RESPONSIBLE!!

It does not mean that if they cry for twinkies you run to the store and buy them. It does not mean that if they want to go somewhere they get to go. It means that as a PARENT, which role takes precedence over any ideas of being a friend, you teach them and guide them lovingly with structure that encourages positive behavior.

If your child disrespects you or others than they should not be getting particular rewards. Often times I see rewards of cell phones, telelvision, video games, sugar (like duh! they do not need sugar if they cannot regulate their behaviors sober:) and other activites that a PARENT could restrict until desired behaviors are acheived. Without these natural boundaries a parent is supposed to establish, children are not learning consequences and the real world doesn't care how cute they are; thus you are endangering them to a world with tough consequences with little warnings.

I am a mommy to anyone who is under my roof, because I want good fruit walking out of my door. I want success, at whatever that looks like, inside and out. There are certain things that need not be compromised and as a PARENT I can exercise those rights at any given moment. What does this look like? I don't know!! Just wondering what the next step is in the brokenness I allowed trying now to suck everyone into it. Stand firm. Trust God, he does not lie.

1 comment:

don't be shy! i love feedback!