I will never forget my CrimLaw and Procedural Law Profesor,
that tall skinny dude with long brown hair
that rides bike or jogs around
downtown.
Yep, he is a profesor at SCSU!
He began the semester by telling us that the only
stupid question is the one that
you don't ask.
Sounds good, in theory...but he never had kids either!
My motto is... stupid questions get stupid answers.
If you ask me a question that, primarily, you know the answer to...
something very common around here-
I will not get into the blame game
(but you know there are reasons!)
Here are some examples:
Q: "Did you buy clementines?"
As several people are eating clementines.
A: "No, the clementine fairy dropped some off today at the door.
(this is a joke for all my fairy minded parents whom love to entertain
their children, do not feel compelled to deliver clementines ;} )
Q: "Are you making spaghetti for supper?"
As I am clearly adding spagetti sauce to spaghetti noodles.
A: "No, we are going to put it out in the garage and go sledding on it later."
Or some other nonsensical answer. If they talk nonsense, why shant I.
Ooh "shant" that must be fresh on my mind as I was
busy decoding Shakespearean at the Guthrie last night.
And yes, stupid is on our list of words to not say, but for lack of better terms, that
describes some of the questions I come across. Must be the Curt in me,
but it only seems fair. I think the kids actually enjoy having to
figure out whether my answer is real, then in doing
that they answer their own
question and
get a little grin too.
Darn! I should be writing parenting books, I know:)
that tall skinny dude with long brown hair
that rides bike or jogs around
downtown.
Yep, he is a profesor at SCSU!
He began the semester by telling us that the only
stupid question is the one that
you don't ask.
Sounds good, in theory...but he never had kids either!
My motto is... stupid questions get stupid answers.
If you ask me a question that, primarily, you know the answer to...
something very common around here-
I will not get into the blame game
(but you know there are reasons!)
Here are some examples:
Q: "Did you buy clementines?"
As several people are eating clementines.
A: "No, the clementine fairy dropped some off today at the door.
(this is a joke for all my fairy minded parents whom love to entertain
their children, do not feel compelled to deliver clementines ;} )
Q: "Are you making spaghetti for supper?"
As I am clearly adding spagetti sauce to spaghetti noodles.
A: "No, we are going to put it out in the garage and go sledding on it later."
Or some other nonsensical answer. If they talk nonsense, why shant I.
Ooh "shant" that must be fresh on my mind as I was
busy decoding Shakespearean at the Guthrie last night.
And yes, stupid is on our list of words to not say, but for lack of better terms, that
describes some of the questions I come across. Must be the Curt in me,
but it only seems fair. I think the kids actually enjoy having to
figure out whether my answer is real, then in doing
that they answer their own
question and
get a little grin too.
Darn! I should be writing parenting books, I know:)
Good job! I love the "stupid questions get stupid answers" game here :) Humor in parenting is definitely required!
ReplyDeleteSeriously laughed aloud...alone...in my home office...while reading the clementine response! Totally something I would say!
ReplyDelete