Have I neglected to address the holidays? Happy New Year! Getting into January I can begin to process the scurry of the holidays with all these field mice. And they all slept soundly as we filled up the 8 stockings. We busted Santa last year. Luke always wrestled with the "lying" about it, and let's just say a 13 and 14 year old that are stuck on Santa is real needs to be corrected.
My favorite thing is that they do not have that dreamy stare up to the ceiling and say: thank you santa! I searched long and hard, calculated, compared, and hid all those gift, usually single handedly...and I want the credit:) We are blessed. We all had a wonderful Christmas celebrating the birth of our Savior and best friend.
Poor Libby though, after close to a week of her little tooth in a bag dangles it in the air and says: can you tell Dad to get some cash?!
We were never really good about impersonating fairy tale figures. Like the year Santa brought David a Spanish Batman movie. Luckily he enjoyed the visuals and was glued to the tv with little concern of the audio...haha.
The magic of Christ is all my kids need and there are plenty of surprises around here too, plus they still get the goodies, just not the fairy tale. So now, back to the swing of things. My voice has returned, after the *fun* Christmas break. I hadn't gone sledding in atleast a decade. Had even convinced myself I didn't like it. I am just not a winter fan. I know, I know, wrong state- but I was born into this bliss.
What's going on now? Posts to come of some great things like my siblings coming from 3 different states with their babies for their first reunion ever; sledding; fun in the snow; Naomi turned one; and some other fun stuff.
Adam and David started basketball this morning, hope they enjoyed it. I did forewarn the coach that Adam has some peculiar tendencies while concentrating in physical activities, like some verbal output. Maybe he can get cued on that, but doubt he has any control over it. In water he does it too, it is actually kind of funny- which is a good thing. Funny is good:) Except in this situation it is an internal funny, not an external funny. Big difference when dealing with this type of thing. I would not want him to know that we think his primate language groans and grunts are mildly entertaining. Just one of those things.
Noah started school this week too, "down the hill" as he says. Drop off care for $5 an hour never sounded so good! Wednesday and Thursdays from 9-11a.m. he joins the preschool for some activities and opportunities for following directions. I pray that he gets the hang of that:)
I celebrated my free time (WTH?!*@!) with the kids returning to school by overhauling bedrooms. The only thing I got help with, from my 5'11" 133# Adam, was lifting his bunk bed off the top. Otherwise for what it is worth, this was an independent task and I completed:
-taking down Adam and David's bunkbeds
-moving their beds into Aubrey and Lexi's room
-emptying out their old room, shampooed carpet
-moved Aubrey and Lexi's queen bed into the room
-swapped all their personal belongings and wardrobes
-painted the room
-assembled a bookshelf
I thought I would tire from just writing that, sure seemed like more work. Perhaps because I was doing it while my several daily loads of laundry, and everything else between breakfast and supper. Now I still have to do these things though:
-transfer all of Noah's clothes and toys to the fresh painted room (we are sharing the room and he gets the big bed except when the girls are here, he will have a sleep over with Omi in his firetruck toddler bed we will keep in her room for play)
-rearrange Naomi's room by taking out the expired dresser and of course without all the boy toys her cute lil' babies can make themselves at home.
Naomi is running a daycare now, as she received a dolly from each of her grandmas for her birthday. Super cute!
So spring fever seems to have come a little early, and this is just the start. When Luke has vacation in January we will get the Expedia bookshelf from Ikea and then overhauling my storage concepts to best use our space. I am really excited for these projects. This March we will be in our house for 4 years. How time flies.
Happy New Year everyone!!
29 Weeks (Eden)
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
don't be shy! i love feedback!