Easter 2016

Easter 2016

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Iron Chef or Iron Stomaches?

You be the judge!
I play this little game in the kitchen, it's called...What's for dinner?
Not sure where it came from, but I will say that I have a
better ability to make it work than
to follow directions and use
measuring spoons.
I just
don't like
to.

So what was for dinner last night? The last time I took a picture of my food
I realized it wasn't very photogenic, but the meal was
actually pretty- but I have since refrained
from taking snapshots of my food.
Here is my recipe for Rainbow Rice:
  • 6-7 cups of leftover rice with corn in it from our tacos this weekend
  • frozen peas (the canned ones have forever made me gag)
  • some fresh grated carrots (organic even, ooh!)
  • some thai seasoning from the Depot (awesome store!)
  • a chicken packet for ramen noodles
BUT THE THAI STUFF WAS REALLY SPICY SO I NEEDED TO PLAY
ANOTHER GAME CALLED,
"How can this be edible for my family?"

I really shouldn't be publishing this, I bet Gordon Ramsey will be trying to book me, but here
is the remaining recipe in my order of attempt:
  • leftover pineapple tidbits
  • mayo and sugar
  • peanut butter
  • diced tomato (also from taco night)
And they scarfed it up! Peanut butter really compliments a spicy and
does create that Thai flavor, and helped to soothe the spice.
The mayo and sugar was also helpful in giving it just the
right balance of creaminess with the sweet
conquering the spice.
Beef tips had been slow cooked with yellow and orange peppers and were
served over the bed of Rainbow Rice.

Funny how my little game in the kitchen usually leaves the kids licking their plates
for more. Am I the next Iron Chef?
Oh, is just that my kids have
Iron Stomachs?


No comments:

Post a Comment

don't be shy! i love feedback!