To have running water and
a washing machine.
Last week the control panel ($408.00 with labor) went out in my front loader.
It started with the boys heavy chenille robes in it and so I took them out and set them outside.
The wash still wasn't draining good and I called Maytag because the code wasn't on the trouble shooting page. Of course, they were of no help, as the model# was never transferred to the manual and the # is on the inside of the door. The door wouldn't open. A *wet* load of clothes were in there. This was Saturday, Monday the repairman came and opened the door and determined the problem. The clothes got brought out to the garage and I figured I would run them to the laundromat. Well it was Tuesday afternoon and she was up and running.
The original load didn't even get stinky, still amazed by that. My laundry got all caught up in the next day and all is good.
Except those robes. I should have taken a picture for the visual of it, but Luke has finally quit harassing me about it. Why would I have set soaking wet robes onto the cement steps in the middle of winter? I actually hung them on hangers and then on a ledge off the side of the steps, right out the side door from the laundry room.
It made sense at the time, it was helping me at the moment. Let's just say we need a chainsaw to break them free. I should find a 5gal bucket and try to free them from the steps. The worst part is that Bruno gets let out that door and found some canine reason to mark those standing frozen robes, repeatedly.
I assured Luke that he has done thoughtless things before and that I will likely again, so to not keep teasing me about how ridiculous and idea it was to set them there. Oh well. Spring will come soon enough, but I am guessing one of us will fix the problem before then.
But I am thankful for a washing machine and all my appliances we have the luxury of having in our homes. All it takes is a day off to realize this! The beat of my new dryer balls is a great sound!
ps- my internet has been having issues and next week we will be joining the paying population for internet services and should no longer have such issues- i am sure this post is quite boring, but such is life sometimes:)
29 Weeks (Eden)
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
don't be shy! i love feedback!