Easter 2016

Easter 2016

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

the baby caught it too?

Prisoner of my own home... isn't that sad what I call it. I love my home. There are times though when you want to leave and you cannot. Sick kids, nasty weather. We must win the good immune system award though, I know no other family less sick than ours. Other families have traveling bugs definitely 3-4 times to our one, so I am fine- just as long as I don't get it!

When we came home- which I do want a whole post to the awesome road trip I took with Lib and baby. Naomi had started a little cold symptoms and David (the one who is sick most at our house...we blame it on his hygene?) I like to blame things I guess. But I do not blame illness, Adam keeps track and acts like he wants the original ill person to be punished or something!!

Regardless, this nasty little 24 hour puke a couple times thing has swept across 3 families from one exposure and I DO NOT WANT IT!! I don't even remember the last time I puked and I don't want to!

This really bugged me though- they escorted David out of speech therapy because their policy is that if you are too sick to go to school than you cannot come to therapy. ooohhh Like I am disrespectful to their rules and compromising their health! They have higher standards than school. He was up making cereal right on time yesterday. Luke had to pick him up around 1 Monday. So it hadn't been the 24 hours since any puke. So I didn't let him go, hours past and his 5pm appointment is refusing our business? Anybody else think that is rude?

I hope I am not too sensitive, because it is so NOT ABOUT ME, I do want to praise God for what he continues to show me. And I hope that I am not really narrow minded as my mother has accused me of being. I just want to raise my kids the best I can and to give them an opportunity to see Jesus and know that their lives can impact the world. I realize not everyone believes that, and that is their business. But I do envision a day when everyone will be praising our creator. Sorry!

But two more complaints: I cannot find my cord to the camera- that thing should just permanently attach somewhere!!! And the mouse double tap is broken on my laptop so I have to click it only manually with the button. Kinda stinks. Have some online shopping to do, but this day and age I am glad my gift giving will not suffer due to being stuck at home.

Praying that God allows us to be healthy here, that I do not get the inevitable flu. Prayers that Naomi quickly recovers. Thank you Jesus!

1 comment:

  1. I just had it and I woke up this morning to a kid yelling, "I have to PUKE!!!" Ugh.

    ReplyDelete

don't be shy! i love feedback!