Easter 2016

Easter 2016

Monday, December 13, 2010

decembrei

Or something close as my Spanish lessons continue, I have the macarana song down too! I try and work on those things with the little ones, the alphabet, numbers, colors are a given...so Naomi has some great dance moves and likes it. Bilingual too...should help her out. Luke says that Libby is the only one doing immersion.

Can't decide if that is maybe just an attempt to get my goat, so the discussion hasn't occurred. I hardly doubt that I would deprive any of my children the privilege to attend immersion program primary schools. We are blessed that it is free with our district and our awesome elementary school close to home! A fluent 7 year old is inspiring!

I love December!!!!

I love having a reason to try and find a gift that will be loved by my loved ones!! I wish that I could buy everyone I know a present, I would love that!

December also marks our PCA assessments, so that is annoying though. This last week I had meetings exceeding 4 hours all about special needs. Luke asks what we possibly talk about for that long. I say fun things like social situations, hygiene concerns, safety issues, vulnerability factors, psychological and emotional behaviors, incontinence, intentions, and other exciting topics; next year he can do it. haha

Our hours may decrease minimally and evidently next year we will plan to lose most of them, as behaviors will phase out of the qualifications. With the boys being TEENAGERS now, we are being referred to the DD worker and will look at probably a waiver for some independent lifeskills assistant. I was like, really?! We thought we were just on our own! We are blessed to have access to some programs that may make a huge difference in our kids lives.

Before we adopted, the one thing that we wanted to know is if they would be self sufficient. We should have realized that even with a 20 point increase on IQ they still are borderline. But the school staff who knew them for all of 5 months assured us they would be independent adults. We are blessed that our property has a double lot and are envisioning a home there?!

Only God knows, and so we patiently TRY and serve him and spread the love. Our kids are great and I would not trade my life for the world, no matter how icky the MN weather is!!

We are healthy again...yey!!! All 9 (Libby said she has the "strongest unit system." were laid up for a nasty 24 hour bug or two combined with some lovely symptoms.

Even Bruno lost his cookies. Undecided if that has any relation.

Dixie girl is visiting too, we just love that doggie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

don't be shy! i love feedback!