Easter 2016

Easter 2016

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Spring Break

next week for the girls. Woot Woot! We are splitting up some time with the kids, since when we go anywhere we need to buy two rooms anyhow, might as well mix it up a little bit and have less commotion. That was an original advantage to them doing 2 different districts.

Aubrey and Lexi even get to skip school, but then again Aubrey just missed yesterday because she was babysitting overnight for her sick baby sister. So now I almost feel guilty! But it is just one day and it is really important to connect with a daughter of her age, even at that expense.

Counting on selecting an electric piano and then starting the kids with my neighbor for some lessons. Really want Lexi to play and have that ability to express herself, same with Libby. Reany too but her and David may have some brain things with it too, there is a magic to music and I know it can be helpful for many people.

Going to get ready for my big sale. At the armory Saturday March 26th. Anyone who wants to sell under me can. It takes the day, you are there from 7 or 730 til 3ish. I ususally make around $600.00. I know that I could far more easily donate to charity, except I am the charity myself and I use those funds to clothe my kids. It is more of a revolving budget that I have grown to appreciate. All household and adult goods are always donated, I got a truck full right now.

Luke thinks that he is going to "clean house" when I am gone during his vacation next week. I tell him that I would be an asset to him as I do want to get rid of stuff too and need his help. He seems to think I am a hoarder and I AM NOT!! So I hope to do a day together next week. I told him that the only things that I will fight to keep is the (broken and needy) bookshelf my mom had when she was a kid, and the (broken and needy) rocking chair that was from when I was a kid. It's the centiMENTAL in me?! Hopefully this spring I can care to those pieces and Luke will not mistake them for junk that needs to go.
In junk that needs to go is a dryer that squeeks, insulation Luke will probably never install, a broken bike or two- thanks to the older boys including their father and without regard, I could've sold them!!
There is a broken curio from over a decade ago and peice of my college years collection. My old college table is hard to say good bye to, but the truth is it would still look like a craft project. I was envisioning distress style painting with black and red for an accent peice in our living room, but don't think Luke will want to wait for that to happen. That is in my eventual office/family area downstairs after I get that bookshelf I was wishing for MONTHS ago:)

I hope to clear out the closets and really have a nice fresh spring and have things either in use or in not gonna or not yet status. How does anyone else do that? I think some of us should do consults for eachother and tours so we can get ideas of how the heck to manage all the belongings that come with having 4 or more kids. AND I AM NOT A HOARDER!! But every year my kids need shoes and gifts and clothes and boots and winter stuff and yada yada yada. Next thing ya know TLC is at your door!

No comments:

Post a Comment

don't be shy! i love feedback!