Church this week was one of my favorite guest speakers; however, the sermon assignment was to have a difficult conversation and confront sin this week. I am humbled at knowing that there is no sinner greater than myself and I really don't feel like judging anyone because God will do that just fine. So is that wrong?
I screw up all the time, so it seems and after hearing the Beth Moore week 5 of the Patriarch study I feel like my marriage will always be challenging because my heart was not necessarily healthy during our early relationship. But, God does work miracles and I have seen Luke grow into such an awesome leader for our household and him being a man of God is rewarding for not only me and our kids, but him too.
The security of blogging is nice because it means that I am not having heartfelt conversations, but thus technology replaces some of the connections as women, we need. So what is the point in confrontation, or when is it necessary? If you care and love someone and identify that their behaviors or sin is seperating them from the Father they serve. This is really for believers, as Pastor Knight said- you have no sin if you don't have Jesus. How true is that?! Then I thought know sin, know Jesus.
I don't like to point fingers and so generally speaking I will say that we, as a household, are very conservative in our media choices, clothing choices, and strive for a Biblical world view. The world is full of misleading propaganda and the father of lies whispers crap to your ears all the time.
Like bikinis are stylish. No they are not, your belly is hanging out and you disrespect women to flaunt your flesh as though you are a peice of meat and have something to show off. You don't! Cover your body! Cleavage, belly buttons, backs, and shoulders revealed indicate that you want someone to see your body as sexy. I realize that sometimes women are proud of their hard work, six pack, good tan...but in reality we should not boast in anything but God. Who made you and wants you to respect your body and not be on some pedistal for wandering eyes.
Fine, I did wear a bikini in my day, but looking back, oh how I wish that I were raised to be told that that is not how God wants you to use your body and that is worldly. We need not show cleavage to feel good about ourselves, do we ladies? Trust me, I drive around in that ugly 12 passenger and turn heads just fine:)
The truth is that when my girls get older and think they know more than me, I hope that they recognize the demeaning message that a string bikini sends and I hope that they are proud to wear a full speedo suit and know that they are beautiful without Glamour magazine saying only this or that is stylish.
WE ARE STYLISH and WE ARE COOL. WE ARE CONFIDENT IN OUR MINDS, BODY, AND SOUL TRUSTING OUR HEAVENLY FATHER TO FILL OUR HEARTS WITH JOY AND NEED NOT ANY WORLDLY SUBSTITUTE.
another lie? Like Disney is for kids...tchya right, not in this decade folks! Since when do you want your 5 year old all concerned about boyfriends and making out and stuff, have you watched hanna montana lately? Didn't she get knocked up too and will be the next brittney spears in a few years? Seriously, do we want these icons to be our children's idols? Do we want our kids to have this idea that they are going to have satisfaction in a hot boyfriend, a good time, or the latest outfit?
PM: "Do not reduce your life to a nice outfit and a good meal." Okay so last of my conflicts, that we are all too consumed by what is not really going to do anything to serve our boss or fellow humanity. Your checkbook shows your idols, and your kids mirror you. So, I encourage everyone to consider what kind of character we want to instill in our children and what types of values we will raise them with. We have to set the bar high for them to understand that other people are not going to be responsible for our child's success.
God does have a beautiful plan for each of us, even if you have abandoned that thought, he has not abandoned you and is ready for you! Each of us travels this road as has been done before and through Jesus there is light at the end of every tunnel and he shines that light, so don't be afraid to find that peace that cannot be filled in the latest fashion line. So fill it up, let it over flow...so fill it up, let it over flow...so fill it up, let it over flow let it over flow with love, everybody!
29 Weeks (Eden)
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
don't be shy! i love feedback!