One day, a distant memory of a week and a half ago... my little Noah gave me an exciting day. What is code yellow you might ask. Luckily it is pretty serious for my favorite retail therapy counselors at Kohls. Probably not as scary as code blue, but lock down. Where did that cute little blonde go?
I was at check out, he had be fairly good doing some minor shopping (major shopping would occur without small people.) I had him in the corner of my eye, he was right there playing with the carts and I thought, well better than him harming anything.
Now ya see him now ya don't was what happened. And the counselor was trying to figure out how I could get the 30% off and still use my kohls cash, even against my wishes. At that point they are paying me to shop and it was ridiculous that she wanted me to save on free stuff. And then my kid takes off. So it was a slight panic. After about 3 minutes that seemed like hours, he was found sneaking around the vacuums, at this point probably enjoying the thrill as various people are calling his name and looking for a little 3 footer in a red coat.
And of course he couldn't get over the fact that I was not buying him something, and left the store under my arm. Some days naptime can't come soon enough!
But that was not all for the day, later in the afternoon I had the privilege of calling poison control as the little shtinkter SoMeHoW opened the children ibuprofen and downed half a bottle. At least he had the courtesy to bring it to me, and at least I had the memory to know what was left in there. After talking with the poison control center- which thankfully is posted on my fridge- it was no greater conflict than him taking a strong dose without cause. So my baby was fine, and I figured, but the mom in me found a little strand to worry from- that poison control dismissed. And by the way, he is the only kid I have had to call on and it wasn't his first time. He also once ingested the "do not ingest" silicone packets. Again, it's not in the food groups, but doesn't require an ER trip. That I hope he doesn't ever need!
So that was more than a week ago and I have had many posts since then that never made the cut, so when things slow down maybe I will play a little catch up. All in all we are glad to have all kids back to school this week and Luke goes back tomorrow and we are healthy and blessed!!
29 Weeks (Eden)
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
don't be shy! i love feedback!