I realized immediately after getting our 12 passenger van that I did not need a vehicle to make me feel cool. I realized after the girls smashed up my nice car I got after college (um yeah, they rolled down the hill, backwards, and hit the neighbors house...no injuries, just reality check for the oldest child:> that kids cannot play in cars) a vehicle doesn't define my value. I realized that it was funny to be so excited to get an 8 passenger station wagon...who would have thought?!
There have been two incidents in the last week that have been humbling. Last week, my battery died and although I got a jump and went to the Y and walmart, I spent too much time in walmart. It was raining and they were out of my battery. My mini me and sidekick had lunch at subway and then it was raining even more. I say to another mom of an infant and toddler, "wanna go get your car and i will wait with your kids and then you can wait with mine? wouldn't that be nice, they should offer a service for that!"
Surprisingly, she took me up on it and we agreed that malls and stores should offer a car or cart sitter for little ones (especially car napping kids when you only need an item or two- wouldn't that be awesome!) So I went first and low and behold it was dead. So we made new friends real quick and then found a guy that had jumper cables. It was a grand experience. Funny thing was I didn't save any money for going into the big city to have it done anyhow.
Then the other exciting vehicle experience for the week was on our way home from dance, the girls and I had the privilege of getting a flat tire. It was dark and in the same location as the fatal accident just two nights prior, so I was freaked out! But grandpa Deno rescued us in no time and we are grateful that he has his sneaker!! I was glad that he "got me" as his repo plates say "got u." There was also a friendly officer, who after being on the scene two nights earlier was dear to protect us on the shoulder with his lights on.
So, if we had a vehicle payment and new rides...would we be having the opportunity to deal with such moments of unpredicted serious events that force us to rely on the fellow friends? Maybe.
29 Weeks (Eden)
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
don't be shy! i love feedback!