Easter 2016

Easter 2016

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

What's been going on...


My camera was just recovered yesterday! I'll tell ya where it was later. In the meantime I have been watching my morning glories grow from seeds up the fishing line, the would climb forever! Wondering when the flowers will come. Bruno, our awesome boxer. Check out that head conformation! I need to find a big German boxer to breed him one more time. We want his lifeline! He has a silky soft coat and is the best dog in the world. If anyone knows big boxers, please let me know!

We have completed our extra curricular activities for the summer. Here was the one day in Lexi's life she has gotten to go to a class and she enjoyed it so much. Here with her focus on the instructions of what she was doing. If I had a better camera half my pictures wouldn't be junk. I just can't afford to, even with my attention though because I try not to read instructions and do not understand most of my electronics to their fullest potential. I could go on for days with the corners I cut:) So back to the activities...Noah, Libby, and Reany did tennis. I need to see if my mil can lend us the rackets she always lured us with but never delivered on. And we got busy enough that they only played tennis during their class for the hour a week. And the girls missed their first 2 lessons. One because I forgot I put them the next class same day to reduce travel until after coming home that night. duh! and then the second when we were on that trip. Reany did a dance camp and Libby did gymnastics. Now we are on break and will not do anything but school related things. Speaking of school, ecstatic to decide with ease for Noah to attend school 8-11 m-f. Wow! I can't imagine. And that is their academics program, but I am only registering the preschool 3 day, I guess it matters sometimes to be honest. I told her I was debating to save $100 a month to go to cherub (our church's daycare in the big city 15 minutes away.)
Wow this caption has turned into a novel. Guess I missed blab blogging! Without my camera though, it just isn't the same. By the time I have a novel kodak will have some killer deals to print this collection of my ramblings:)
So, Lexi is just great and I wish that we could snag her long enough to get some lessons or something. We are starting piano with her, but need to get a little assignment log where she records her practice and then go through another lesson of the basics. She has some natural talent because she is interested in music. I hope she changes her mind about band, she changed hers after begging and begging mom to do clarinet. When I caught wind of that, and heard the story of her crying to her mom and that, now to be convinced in effort to please, that she didn't want to do it anymore, point of no return. So I told mom she should never discourage the investment of music or skill to the girls without talking to us, because we want them to be involved with positive and smart things. Music is smart. So is Lexi. Every other weekend is not enough! Boo Hoo to broken families and may those dealing with that and those unknown to that- let's teach this generation healthier ways then our own examples even sometimes. God created us for relationship and trust me, the evil one is lurking in every corner you give him. Power, love, self - control.

And, on the market we have a beautiful metal twin girls frame with a shorter lofted style cabin underneath. Cute pink with red ties tent under it. Please note: the slide is not attached in this picture, but it has a slide on it! This bed is super cool and perfect for preschool through about 250 pounds. Plenty room to grow:) We took the one down and are using it as a bunk with Libby underneath the bottom, her twin mattress fits perfect, but then has no boxspring and is right on the floor. Their room was crowded for too long now. When we bought them 4 years ago I did anticipate they would be done at about 8. Next on the agenda for their room is real size bunks, as the metal are shorter. Libby really wanted a desk in her room too, and so that has been added. My girls are growing up! The boys went to camp last night and the girls asked to have a sleep out in the living room and get to watch tv at night. Neither of them have done a sleepover yet, and wee intend to keep it that way for a while, so I was happy at their excitement to be with one another. With a family this big who needs friends? Just kidding, we love friends, contrary to not having any!

And this bubbly day, wow! Let's just say if a whole bottle of yummy bath and body works soap dumps in your beach bag, you do need to rinse the towels that absorbed it. Again, trust me. I know what works and doesn't work. If it doesn't work I can tell you why! Bubble maina! And this was after noticing the problem and then ending the cycles to only rinse. Then I am thankful to have a side door right outside that mainfloor laundry and bathroom duo, complete with a hose. I actually forgot that the soap was in those towels and did not think twice to include the tents from both of the beds. That is a nylon poly blend and must have just been perfect for bubble making. I am again thankful- as every moment of my life- but the machine is still running. That is an essential around here!

We have had some wicked weather this summer. So when the sirens go off we take shelter, women and children. Luke tries to get some good pics. wth? Very seldom does Luke take pictures, but have no fear when danger is near- Luke will photograph:) And here is the winning prize...the camera was safe and sound in our storm shelter that whole time! Yea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

don't be shy! i love feedback!