Adam: Is getting broader now too and it's just crazy to see him growing up. Will be in the high school this year...scary! We are hoping that goes well and have some back up plans if it doesn't. His favorite thing to do is ride bike, and he would love me to buy him a trick bike. I refuse though, as the only bike I will get him will be one that is for longer rides- but gears and brakes are a toughie.
David: Is starting football this fall! WoW! I hope that is a good fit for him and that he enjoys being apart of the team. Luckily there may be another family or 2 to carpool with, whatever happened to an activity bus?! He continues to love on Naomi and is a good help with many things. He also is a checkers shark.
Lexi: She is spending the week with us, so that is awesome. We never really thought she might be in our regular head count, but that seems possible after all. She is growing into quite a thinker and likes to play on the piano (although leery of my private lessons, we'll see about that!) We also just learned she has corn, popcorn, gluten, and wheat intolerance. Nice, nothing like trying to rule out your primary diet!
Aubrey: Busy with friends, babysitting her little sister at her moms, and trying to get her permit...sums it up pretty good.
Libby: Lost her first top tooth! I need to upload pics, she is pretty cute with that space there. Her second front tooth is slightly loose now, so that will be next in a few weeks likely. She is very helpful with little ones and could probably start babysitting even! She has Spanish camp next week, so that will be nice to see her get back into her second language. I need a month in South America to learn any more Spanish I think...so maybe in a few years? Yea right.
Reany: Said she wanted to lose one of her front teeth too, pulling on one, and I said, "No! You don't! That is a permanent tooth, you will have that forever." HeHe. She continues to marvel us with her one handed cartwheels. The girls have been putting on performances lately, and she has a ballet combo routine to "A Whole New World." She puts on her blue dance costume and floats around.
Noah: Has officially learned to bike without training wheels! Considering Libby was pushing 7 we are delighted at his ability:) He is also diving into the water and holding his breath to swim- cutest thing, he folds his arms out in front of him, like crossed over- that is his starting position so then he opens them up and does a natural breast stroke. Super cute from my tiny luke with platinum invisible blonde hair. That, btw, continues to be very difficult to cut because of his cowlicks creating a reverse mohawk and patches of horns. Unfortunately, Luke is not impressed or sympathetic to the situation and thinks he could give a better cut. And his always turn into a buzz cut. We might need counseling:)
Naomi: Is saying most words on cue, deciphering them may be the listeners duty. She loves playing with her babies and kitchen. We wonder if her little ringlets in back will stay with her. She has decided she doesn't like bananas. This is like taking away gluten. She used to live off them! At least she will usually eat oatmeal still, if she is not interested in the meal. I don't remember anyone being more picky than her, so hopefully she will get over it, but I won't quit buying our oats!
Luke: Threw his back out by throwing kids in the pool. Adam is 5'11" and 135#...one might wonder why he was throwing him anyhow. I did at least. But he is home for the week. He always wanted more time home during the summer, but he isn't taking his boat out anytime soon, thankfully he can walk again though. It was a rough first couple days. He was pushing the high chair around for a walker!
Me: Was hoping to be granted 34 wishes, one to grow on... but I never made the list, so I guess I can't expect anything. Isn't that some type of strategy- that you cannot be disappointed without expectations. Summer is flying by and I am super duper excited for camp this year, a few days without cooking makes me through the next year until it happens again.
29 Weeks (Eden)
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
don't be shy! i love feedback!