Easter 2016

Easter 2016

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Reality Reminder

Maturity of a 6 year old requires parenting for a 6 year old regardless of their chronological age or hygiene requirements. Makes it tough though, huh? After so long you expect the results that the physical growth is somehow a standard to the other aspects of the person, but really it is individualized, just as our school goals. Why is that so quickly forgotten? Because the responses are that of the chronological, none the less, frustrating. So we are looking at some resources to better teach our family how to survive the journey!

After sobbing to the psychologist, I said, "gosh you must be thinking I need a shrink more than the kid!" Then I apologized, as that is not a term they probably like! Oops, it's all good though! If there was not room for improvement things would never get better, my own quote! What needs to be improved is a combination of our understanding of what the issue actually is and the child's ability to redirect frustrations without creating chaos in their relationships. I am sure the latter will be the tougher:)

1 comment:

  1. I take my 3-year-old to a counselor and she spends most of her time counseling me on ways to deal with his behaviors. I'm right there with you!

    ReplyDelete

don't be shy! i love feedback!