Easter 2016

Easter 2016

Monday, April 25, 2011

Honor Roll?

There is a post to come about our holiday visit to Iowa to see my lil bro and his family. Today I had to bring David in to school by 6am. We didn't even get home til 10pm...oops! His ELC trip is through Wednesday. He was wearing a hooded sweatshirt, and his fleece was packed. He had a hat, gloves, and extra shoes packed. But what did we forget? His coat. Genius! I am sure he will stay plenty warm, but nothing like feeling like parent of the year there! And we live too far that I couldn't have run to get it in time either. Oh well:)

Honor Roll? So today we are going to school (second time in one morning...wow!) for the honor roll for Adam. I am glad that the school wants to recognize his efforts; however, am secretly opposed to this type of theories in self-esteem building. Call it something else. The main reason I have contemplated home schooling is that I am not happy with the schools level of expectation for him. I feel that most of his work could be more thorough, neater, and on average much better. He is in one mainstream class but achieves honor roll? Call it something else! David has great concern for his quality of work, yet wasn't "chosen." Not a fan, but of course Adam has no clue- we will be supportive because the school has hyped this up for him, but the underlying question is WHY?
Sorry if I sound rude about this! I just don't get it, it makes me feel like telling them to not do it again and honor him another way, but that it seems unfair to the students that actually do care about their work (Adam does not!) and have earned their grades on their preformance rather than the casemanagers efforts to make a student's egocentric thoughts even more misunderstood. What do I do? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

don't be shy! i love feedback!