Easter 2016

Easter 2016

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Fully Developed...

So we have been spending quite a bit of time down at the pool. We got a family membership at the golf course pool. At first I wasn't going to accept it, as my father-in-law gave it to us. They were charging a ridiculous amount for a family membership. He then told me he earned it for helping with the many trees that had come down. Then it wasn't so bad, to be bartered for. And what an honor to have been thought of. It is like we have a private pool. There is also a little pool, that Noah is very fond of. It is only a foot and a half deep, so he loves it. So do little frogs. And by little, I mean baby frogs, barely with legs. The first time we found one, we had the little guy in a cup. Much to our dismay, he was disposed of and I feel horrible about that. I do not like to captivate creatures, and then here to not even know if that little guy made it out alive or not...how sad!

Well, the other day we again found more frogs. How can they survive in the chlorine is my question. But there was one that was found dead. And then they were looking for it, as Reany threw it to the side. Then Aubrey said it wasn't fully developed. Libby tells Noah, "it wasn't fully developed"...to Aubrey, "what does fully developed mean?"

Aubrey then says she is going to get algae (yes, the little pool has some, that is why it is not my favorite!) So again, Libby commentates to Noah, "we are finding algae for the frog to eat"..."what is algae?"

So we put algae in with our mini frog, that I joked with each of the kids we would name it their name. Haha I love that joke. I had fed Naomi some baby food so we poked holes on the top of the container and had a few rocks in there for it. He lived life to the fullest in that little container until morning when Luke set him free.
I am sure he has since bonded with the frog culture of our yard. Peace lil' froggy...that chlorine isn't any good for you and the vegetation cannot compare to our yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

don't be shy! i love feedback!