Easter 2016

Easter 2016

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring is in the Air

This time of year always seems refreshing for me. The new life, the first glimpses of green, the fresh air. It reminds me of God's mercy and being born again through what Christ has done for us. Now if that could just push me through the tough jobs. Like reorganizing the closets, no- if I can have the time (haha) I enjoy that- accomplishment! If only I was not the only appreciating force here!! Tough jobs mainly include the day in and day out emotional involvment and redirection of children with processing problems...every day is a new day! Don't know if that is a good thing for them or a bad thing- is life always exciting or just confusing- perhaps a mix. Here are some spring things for us:


- out with the boots (for sure? there has been later Easters that my kids were in their pretty -dresses and boots for afternoon play!)
- out with the sweaters and turtlenecks, taking out the cooler clothes in all of the closets.
-shoes...Reany just said she didn't have any sandals yet- as Luke and Libby have been sporting them. I know though once they are out she will surely chose them EVERY time, so I have to get around to it. I have a cute pair that wasn't worn much by Lexi that I am looking forward to her fitting into
-GARAGE SALES...other than my $.99 savers day, I wish I could garage sale all the time. I am guessing there won't be too much of that going on though, as my 2 year old and infant seem to think there should be minimal enjoyment for me. This Saturday is the mothers of multiples sale and the spring one is my favorite. A $17,000 garage sale usually finds me a deal or two for my now 8 wardrobes. When I pay a quarter for clothes, I cannot be too upset when they are ruined the first time my kids wear them.
-gardening...oops, that reminds me of so many unfinished projects! A couple years ago I tore up the back side where only mossy grass grew and the dog would tear it up all the time- so now I need to find about a day or two to complete the project. Ideally I will transfer rocks from our hill as I make gardens there and then make a patio of rocks in back around plants. Perrenials all the way, no time for annuals! Looking forward to my neighbor's raspberries again. I really want to get some good ones of my own and wish I took them from our old house. I had golden ones that were fabulous.
-Just the freedom to throw shoes on and go (well after 101 things have been done,) without having to bundle up. But the winter helps us Minnesotans enjoy summer all the more!

Well from our home to yours.............HAPPY SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

don't be shy! i love feedback!