I gotta home boy, Lukey has been home since last week he pulled something and just today when he faxed his paperwork they say he should have gone back to work last week with his 20# restriction...oops! Good thing though because I am losing my mind somedays here at the nut house! Transition has been ok. It's hard, but we're doing it. It'll get better.
Firm believers that if you are comfortable then you need to serve more, so I guess we can live that too!
Got a new car today. We have had so many vehicle changes lately it is just funny. Noah thought I said we are getting a new kid, cuz that's just what we do?!, instead of car and got excited, "what are we going to name our new kid?!". I should have toyed with him a little but was caught off guard by his sweetness. I wonder if he was thinking a baby or adolescent?
Let me rephrase the concept new car, new to me. We got an OLD car. Luke won, I will have my glory someday when I don't have other things on my wish list like pedigree cats and pop up campers. We saved 2 grand by snatching up a one owner (if I could italics numbers i would) ...
1997
Buick lesabre. It's not too ugly, has a tape player, old school door handles, this baby is collector in the making. According to Luke, having one 77k miles was better than newer. It gets about 27 mpg, so doubles the van and for appointments and when school starts and when we don't have to spend 40$ to go to the cities. I won too. I did mention the camper at signing too.
I traded in the 05 Odyssey, still mourning, for the '10 Ford 12 passenger, the chrome finish front is kind of appealing. The '96 Ford 12 passenger was donated to Sonny uncle transportation for BMx whatnots. The 95 Chevy truck also found a new home as we decided the new van is ample for towing the boat, Luke's original logic to have a truck. Now he still ants a truck, ok testosterone.
And now, next to my 98 corolla is the new stinking old old old, but mint, lesabre.
My mom drove one and I did too then at 16, they are fast!
Other than that Lon our agenda just getting the newly lined up with services and stuff, putting out fires around the clock, and feeding the baby.
The Baby! She is 5 months already and is off the charts for height and right on top for weight. She has some mommy obsesses though and I need to begin conditioning her,non the evenings she will scream bloody murder for solid hour, I know because I tried to go to target once. So I am going to start getting away from her more!
I have most of the school shopping done, but need to get that figured out. We are super excited to return to Lebanon this year, and I am working on that pop up.
In the meantime, we are alays blessed. Trying to serve others, take a number;)
God is working on a many a hearts.
My work is never done either!
And there are no greater crowns in heaven, step out of comfortable and do something brave for what your purpose is. Then in Christ you may be found, to let go is to know that we have faith in His blessings and plans.
29 Weeks (Eden)
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
don't be shy! i love feedback!