crafty and toddlers...not so much. I really have to let go if there is glue or other media (what is the word I am looking for?!) My kids can barely remember to overshadow with a back sheet and literally draw pens and markers onto my table. I know I should use the table cloths, but I am not a fan!
Growing up we always had some ugly (sorry mom) vinyl tablecloth that has little checkers indented into it. I specifically remember it being hard to clean up sometimes, and it was never as nice as the wood underneath. Why not use the beautiful piece as it's intention. I see if I have one though. I could lay it in the back of the van. I love my new mini van, after pouting to get that station wagon, a few years of hunching into that thing, and I won and got an Odyssey. It is amazing compared to the old getter. I am very blessed.
The back seat just rolls into the floor. Right now Noah has it set up so he could bring his little stash of stuff with him. It has three and three for back row seating for total of 8, so that is great for us. Buying bags of reddish wood-chips for our front. If we have to restock them heavily every two years then it is still worth it. Now that things have bloomed up around here I have been playing with the landscaping a little bit. Always trying to 1) minimize my future time involved with maintaining gardens and 2) have it look progressively- i can't afford too quick perfect...good things plants grow!
First year sleeper, second year creeper, third year reaper. Seemingly true as the gardens I ripped up a couple years ago are finally flourishing to see where I can fill in more things and hopefully someday it will be totally full and effortless. We have been here over 4 years now. I guess m-i-l still wants some peonies...pretty sure you never read this, so sorry for ratting you out- you'll get the peonies. I know you have realized that I am not able to prioritize my gardening and have made even more mess than what you left. But sorry, I just have a long term plan with things and ultimately have to make things easy for me. Plus, some things just didn't seem to make sense how we use our property. WtH... I don't really care, take the peonies? Anything else you still want at one last chance? I know you want more rhubarb too. While you're at it, grab the queen size bedframe in there too. Hehe just teasing, I love my mother in law and wish that I spent more time with her. Hopefully this summer we will get a pool pass again.
Last year Grandpa Deno got us a membership with some work cleaning up trees, so while we don't like storms, maybe one over on the gulf course:) The passes are $200 per family, doesn't that seem outrageous! But they have us in a tight spot because it is highly enjoyable for our entire family at any given point, sometimes a couple times a day to go down to the pool. So likely will get a pass.
Other summer activities? Well there is a junior golf I think the boys will go to, the girls and Noah are going to sign up for tennis. Would like the boys to too, but might just see how they interact with the girls. I hate to do it to them, but they might start in the second session if they take interest, being "under" the girls even. Then again, for David, he would like the statistics that they got a jump start. I can hear that one already.
YMCA classes (woot woot still in the competition, curious what my stats are and not sure if even available) trips to the zoo and visiting family, PCA staffing for 1:1 with a set schedule. Leach Lake our next weekend with Aubrey and Lexi. Calling to get at "Big Sandy," I guess Lebanon's early registration is not to be taken lightly. Gardening, playing, being outside...
29 Weeks (Eden)
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
don't be shy! i love feedback!