Snow! It's finally covering our ground and slowly burying us. As much as I envy a climate where I would not have to organize a whole separate wardrobe for everyone in my household, have to buy heat, replace mittens to often, shovel or delegate the chore; I love the tranquility and peace a snowfall brings. The ecology behind snowfall in the Lords care taking of the Earth reinforces his blessings with each tiny snowflake. It's freaking awesome!
So, where are everyone's snow pants? I still reminisce our old home, half the size (and half the kids, har har,) in that we had the cubby storage in the upstairs bedrooms, the slanted ceilings and cubby doors. I loved my cubbies! Throw some 13 gallon trash bags in there and I knew where to find them. Here I have umpteen Rubbermaid containers that seem no rhyme or reason to which closet or they are in, I have great spots for everything until I try finding it. Urge! I need a day home alone to just chart out my stuff. It's such a progressive task too, so all you Cali moms, enjoy missing the seasonal changes in MN! Luckily newby fits right in line and I had outer ware for him, so everyone is looking good. I bought clearance boots last year and we are ready for this snow day!!
I have bought meats and plan to finish the rest and work on some freezer meals and try that round of things. Or schedule changes enough that now for a few months I will need at least one day of crock pot supper, ready for us upon returning from activities. Libby is going to join a gmnastics class during Reany's time. The high school league takes off for their actual season so that left her empty handed. Reany gets a ride there after speech therapy and so I have it figured our that I can drop Libby off a little early, take the littles to the YMCA, bust out some Zumba, and then hustle over to get both girls. So naturally some grub ready to dish up will be my goal for the earlier part if the day! Or perhaps the boys could work on some menu planning and do some cooking as they are staying home with a helper.
The other advantage to my freezer meal plans are that maybe I can feel more willing to drop meals off for friends in need, my style of cooking doesn't usually make for much offering, I wing everything and have starving children that eat anything put before them, so I always think other families wouldn't like my food!
No comments:
Post a Comment
don't be shy! i love feedback!