Winter grilling has been reduced to the grill on our little entry patio slab. When making burgers the other night, I forgot that the greasy little things make our grill go up in flames. We treat the flames with a drink of water and keep on grilling. I had it under control, until there was a smokey smell in the kitchen. I went to the laundry room and contemplated if the dryer was on fire since when I opened the door there was a white fog lurking.
The grilling was done, but the entire main floor was saturated with the fragrant aroma of burgers. Open windows, turn on the ceiling fans, run the purifier, and when it gets too cold the windows get closed. Two days later the poor nursery still smelled like a burger. The overhang vents above the grill sucked up the smoke and distributed it nicely.............................
The distribution began last night as well....................................................... It was 3am and I awoke to the smell of burning heat. I wasn't just dreaming of burgers, which happen to be my favorite food. I woke Luke and said there was something hot or burning. He said maybe a house was on fire. I jumped out of bed, dreading it was our own. I opened the deck door to smell the stench. I looked out the window and saw 6 firetrucks down the block. Luke is smart enough to shut off the air exchange at this point! Yey for Daddy! Luckily the home that was on fire was that of two adults that were unharmed, but they did lose 3 pups from their litter of Heelers. The good thing is that the home had been on the market for quite some time and was a slight eye sore, so while temporarily even more so, in the long run it should be a property value improvement.
The air exchanger is great some days, but not when there is something stinky going on!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
don't be shy! i love feedback!