I'm letting go of the things I'd planned for me, it feels like I'm falling and that's what it's like to believe...
Know this song?
You can find me there, in this whirlwind of parenting my count, kind, character, and and range, one truth cannot be shaken. There is a high and mighty, and someday I just might know more, but in the meantime we press on.
With Christmas around the corner, the celebration of the Savior's birth, we are considering what gifts to buy our kids. Luke thinks they should each get one, but I think a few is best. Without penalizing our kids, we are quick to defend our choice to not fall trap on materialism and the "patterns of this world." I remember many Christmas' feeling disappointed or bummed out because I really wanted something else or the other kids got something better. The best gift was already given and if we mask the holiday with crap then it takes away from that being received, as our heart beats the Savior knocks. The Sunday paper will always give us more to want and need, but we already have it. There is my Christmas lecture.
Genetics are on my mind as we bred the boxers, now I'll try my thumb at cats, whom I was always partial to. We meet with a geneticist next month to see what the chromosome variances mean for our kids too. Luke's greater explanation has become the creator's response to sin, but along with my folders of diagnostics to target our treatments and expectations, neither buffer takes away from the process of this life. This one opportunity to "get it right." I don't vote for the donkey or the elephant, I vote for the lamb. Nothing but the blood of Jesus can take this load and make it beautiful, I might try, but could never come close. I am thankful that I can advocate and play bulldog when I have to, that I understand healthy relationships, that I can plan ahead and organize for my household (within reason:)
Might not make sense, but as slogan goes, giving our best is the least we can do. And trust me, we fall short and are filled with his mercies each new day.
I want to love life and see good days, I will keep my tongue from evil and my lips from deceitful speech. I will depart from evil and do good, I will seek peace and pursuit it. The eyes of The Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayers, but the face of The Lord is against those who do evil. 1Peter 3:10-12
We are having a blast with Lillie, she is a treasure! Newby is pretty situated with hundreds of weekly appointments and bezerks of other needs; however, soon to be final and so glad to have I'm home. Made our first and likely last road trip as a whole family over Thanksgiving break, just an unrealistic expectation thing when various issues affect behaviors.
Let go let God, chin up give a nod, what ya got is what ya get makes you stronger don't give fit. Give it up to the ruler, he's got it already so you can be sure...peace is what you need and he's givin it up free-ya, like heaven and who you be-ya. Take a look in the mirror and don't be tricked by the boogedy man and his nasty side kick because in the end there is one command love one another and keep in your feet stand stand stand.
No comments:
Post a Comment
don't be shy! i love feedback!