All packed and ready to go have a baby! Luke painted my toes the night before and I was more than ready to meet my precious new daughter! Theresa came for the early shift and we were out to become parents...again.
All packed up and ready to go home, no more menu selections for this momma! Little Lillie was the first of my 4 babies to get a new carseat, lucky girl! The kids made a beautiful welcome home sign for her too, I will probably capture another time. And there are photos in between these ones of course, possibly a new post.
Lillie's first bath was not a big hit for her, luckily it was quick and painless!
Love this pic! Daddy and his little girls!
We are adjusting quite well to the new sheriff's orders. We will be enjoying these last 6 weeks of school, and Lillie turns 6 weeks on Monday, so very do-able. The homeschooling is working out well, but have not etched anything in stone for next school year. They are doing part-time at the local school district, which has FAAARRRR better programming than the school we previously open enrolled at to seek the social advantages of a more rural and lower class size desires. I have been nothing but impressed with the distict and staff, so that is good. They are picked up at 9:50 and brought home at 1:30. For next year I am going to shoot for a better schedule, not smack dab middle of my day. If that isn't possible, we may reconsider all together. There are some potential distractions in store for next year, so not counting any ducklings yet.
The boys wanted to do karate. Let's just say that our autism didn't mix well with karate and Adam's response to what he thought was, "I hate it!" Plus he was so worked up he was close to tears by the end of the hour. Experiencing that was good for him, but he'll stick with golf!
Noah has had a change of schedule too, I knew the last thing I would want to do was bring him to the Montessori M-F by 8am with a toddler and infant, plus he griped half the time about going. So, we pulled him from the program and decided to try the traditional preschool setting and he is going to the elementary school for their program only 2 days a week. What a nice swap that was! Plus he LOVES it! The activities and structured fine motor and academic activities are just what we were ready for. He has enough independence! That being said, he had a rough day this week. Wednesday, started out great, he was helping me peel carrots, dancing, singing, playing drums, great kid. Blame it on the parent, I should have made him take a rest or laid down with him til he fell asleep (boy wouldn't that be relaxing, but wait we need clean clothes and meals prepared among a million other things!) He found some scissors after peircing a whole in Libby and Reany's bedroom door with a stool. Then he got caught cutting Uno cards, and I noticed he snipped the blinds strings in his new room. Bummer, they are expensive! Then he came upstairs and with no explanation took a full container of baby wipes and put them in the toilet...just to be naughty! He didn't know enough that clogging the toilet means caught in a flush, which he didn't do. He was one step away from a beating! Seriously, I was doing a little meditative parental coaching there, like what the heck! And when he was caught with the Uno cards he bit David. Later in the evening he bit Libby when she was trying to help escort him off the playground for pushing a kid well over a foot taller than him. Terrible day for my sweet boy! Wouldn't you agree? He needs a ball and chain to mommy.
I am so glad it is Friday and I survived this week though! It was my second week of Luke back at work and I am finally getting my groove back. I even organized a closet, or cleared a chair off in the spare room's closet that had been there for a few months! We will need to be transitioning Noah into that room (actually Aubrey and Lexi's originally.) Lillie is a little piggy and I am guessing we will go to her 8 week and see she is 15# and that is the weight cap on the bassinet for the pack and play. They grow way to fast!
Today Lillie was up before 5 and fussed for a solid 45 minutes before I caught a wink of sleep and had to make lunches and get the girls off to school. Noah needed a bath because he peed big time in the big bed, luckily there is plastic there. I am so ready for him to outgrow that! I had to load up the girls and bring him to school by 750am. Then we did school with the boys, working on some geography together and English. They got their ride and us girls went to pick up Noah and go to Sams Club. Solid 250 in damages there and pushed the train cart (the big blue double seater in front) into the family bathroom and had to nurse the baby after we used the bathroom. Then we got pizza and the two an ice cream to share. Noah was glad that Naomi got sassy and tried smacking me in the face, as he didn't have to share ice cream after all. Then Naomi and Lillie were both discontent on our way out the store, pleasing all that we were leaving at that point. I buckled up Naomi and then set the baby in the van while loading all our goods up. Then I had to feed the baby the other side before making it home. Naomi crashed on the way home and Lillie is still in her carseat sleeping too. Noah is fighting me to not have a nap, but I am not caving. In fact, I am going to go put my feet up and make him rest, likely he will be out in 10 minutes. I just had to blog though!
No comments:
Post a Comment
don't be shy! i love feedback!