Easter 2016

Easter 2016

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Since I was 7 months preggo,

my blogging time budget has been cut. I know it's been a while, but as you can see, our lives have been happening, just blogging hasn't! Here is an update for the last couple months, which might explain some of the occupied time...

7 Months Pregnant and looking HUGE! (Pic from 1-22-12) So happy that Eva gave me a couple belly bands, hard to keep a house under a shirt, I really carry BOoM! right out, so about 7 months and the last two are just waiting to meet the baby and be done with the bump! Pretty uneventful pregnancy, minus the psoriasis and rash issues, and 1st trimester previa that resolved, so healthy and just growing the baby (and then some:)











Our current bedtime routine, which will be changed once baby comes home, is that Noah goes to bed in our bed. With a diaper on, and then Luke will take him to the bathroom and then he goes into his own bed for (usually) the remainder of the night. He sleeps like a rock and we hope that he will soon outgrow the whole sleeping through a potty break thing. But if he is into something, he sleeps with it, this particular night it was his spider man mask. I laughed so hard when I saw Daddy put it on for his nightly bathroom escort that I had to grab the camera!





We've all doubled, perhaps even tripled a recipe before, but let me ask you this: Have you ever sevened a recipe, or what would you call that? Whatever it's called, I had 21 bananas racked up in my freezer and I needed space! But since I only have 3 pans, I wound up zip-locking two batches of batter and that was awesome to have later in the week (of course we can easily put down a loaf!) That batter that was refrigerated for a few days was super good too, like seasoned even better. So definitely do not be overwhelmed by mass brown bananas, just do your math and make it work! Thanks huge tupperware!


The girls just finished up winter basketball, it was their first year and they had a great time. It met Saturday mornings, and as usual with activities, it is nice to be done! Both girls seem to have some skill and as their coach said they are coordinated and fast. The only drawback I foresee is that b-ball and gymnastics are same season sports, so for our next sport I have to pay attention to that. Not like I am planning their athletic careers or anything, who knows, maybe by the time they can do after-school sports we will be fetching water from a well 3 miles away.




We did just get a snow day, but this was from one of our earlier 2(?) snowfalls. It's been a really mild winter. The kids made Naomi her own snowman though, isn't that cute! The funny thing too was that I gave them some mini carrots to use and then had to give them more because Noah wouldn't share. He was insisting he had to give them to the bunnies of our yard:)








Valentines Day<3
Luke did pick me up this cute little bouquet and hand wrote a sweet card. We really don't celebrate some of the minor American holidays. Our hearts are overflowing with love and bliss the other 363 days of the year too, so our anniversary and v-day go pretty low key around us. Libby asked why some people get big gifts for Valentines day, of course we just said that some parents use that day to get their kids something special or what they need, but we don't need a holiday for that and everyone has all they need. The a little soap box of not conforming to the patterns of the world and getting the latest toy is irrelevant to happiness or success. I just don't like standards or pressure. Sorry Hallmark!




With our Science Museum membership quickly expiring, we made a trip down to see some of our favorites. The tow boat is cool, but I do think they should have some type of counter, because only 4 or 5 people can go up at a time and the stairs are so narrow it makes it hard to move around. Of course, with the watermelon belly I did not tour the tow boat. We had a good time though and were glad to have the membership since it was opening day of the pirate exhibit and the wait was a good hour, we skipped ahead and got to go right into the museum. We will likely renew when the baby and I are up for a cities trip during Lukes 4 weeks off. Looking forward to the homeschool discount now too, as it's even cheaper for a membership now- even less than one day there with everyone...awesome!



The robber is an imaginative little boy named Noah, that was unfortunately informed that his new face mask was what a robber would wear (thanks David, boo.) So luckily I said during his bedtime bathroom break that I couldn't find my toothbrush. In his grogginess he ratted himself out and said that it was under his pillow. Why is it under your pillow? Because I am a robber. Nice, so this was the collection to be found under his pillow, how funny is that! The face mask, which is so great for playing outside, is hard to find though. Probably because of other robbers? No place sells them, finally I broke down and paid the $10 that Scheels was selling theirs for. But the robber thing, not too crazy about that, but is still slightly entertaining.



The little honeys! Naomi has progressed from the highchair to her booster, to the stool. We did take the stools away two nights ago though, and the counter can be unavailable, as with stool side seating at the table. Naomi had come upstairs before us and slipped while climbing up to get a vitamin c tab she loves so much. Hit the granite floor, not pretty but no chipped teeth. It was still pretty scary and we just need a break from the stool dangers right now. Noah and Naomi are best friends though, it will be so fun to see them welcome another baby into their lives. Three more days and that will be a measurable statement. Actually 6, after my 3 day vacation at the hospital. Is it bad that I am looking forward to the menu selection each morning and some silence?



So here is some updates on what we have been doing, and hopefully the start to me getting back on track archiving our lives and documenting the ins and outs of our herd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

don't be shy! i love feedback!