Easter 2016

Easter 2016

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Survival of week one homeschooling

Okay, checked my pulse, still breathing!
Lots of adjustments to be made. What a sacrifice, still accepting that! Interesting transition for our special needs too, considering they have learned to lack effort and confidence. Aside from David winning me over on "tomorrow is Saturday so do you mean Monday" for when math is due, I am going to clean slate each week. And also reconsider their independent essay assignments. David did not earn to make a recipe for dinner last night, so hopefully that will be the first and the last. Adam, and I made a great broccoli and cauliflower casserole side dish. Despite getting an "A" in his 9th grade foods class, when cooking a vegetable fajita dish he did in class at home, he mistakenly used cinnamon instead of cumin and forgot two main ingredients. That might reinforce my opinion of the lacking reality piece special Ed is offering. Not my kid for now, I certainly couldn't do it any worse;)

I did not get to enjoy the creamy casserole though, you heard it here first, I HAVE BEEN LACTOSE DAIRY FREE FOR OVER A MONTH!!!
Last month I did an eds screening and was off the charts for milk and cheeses. I can still have butter and mayo, so those slightly compensate eliminating my staples of sour cream and cream cheese. Maybe when I am done baking the baby, the calories saved will shed excess layers accumulated over time. So who cares? Well I do enough to keep up with the choice because it is clearing up my arms. I have bad psoriasis on my forearms and they are healing, so that is good. Hormones, or at one point I wondered if it was the diligent milk drinking or increased creamy calories, during pregnancy and nursing my skin gets even worse. When I had Naomi, docs were saying they hadn't seen it as bad on my legs before. Granted that was a pediatrician and an ob, I know the dermatologist has. Biological injections work, but not during pregnancy and nursing. I should contact them, maybe I can sell them milk after weaning and get their overpriced pharmaceuticals for free. Or better yet, keep up with the diet changes and homeopathic remedies. Enough about me. I have work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

don't be shy! i love feedback!