And that's ok! We had an intersting finish of summer, as Luke's *minor* back injury turned into 4 weeks and 2 days off from work. That was fun to have him home, but even better to have him back on payroll:)
We tried a new camp up on Sandy Lake in McGregor. I will do a camp post with great pics and some videos too. I am not going to bash them, so this may be the only comparative comment, the food at Lebanon will urge me to register February 1st from now on! And Luke kept thinking there were more activities at Lebanon, but I think they were quite competitive. Big Sandy had an awesome alpine roller-coaster slide into the water, mountain scooters (snowboards on wheels down a hill!,) a climbing wall, and a garage sale- so those were kinda cool differences. Pics to come.
School is full swing, going good. Noah is usually liking to go to preschool too, so curious to see what time of academic milestones he can make there. Libby is doing a 3rd/4th grade mix this year, so that is a good change for her. She also decided to dance this year instead of just gymnastics. Last year she had the 1:1 class and with 5 kids, with a few less skilled it was a quick decision. It will be fun to have the girls together again. I really can't say much except the drain of IEPs and inept programing and services for various reasons always always always keeps me on my toes. Working with the peoples in now 3 different schools is maybe my first- as the boys have always had the same case manager. David is in football this year too, big 7th grader! So that is fun to see him enjoy that, and luckily I have a carpool friend too making it not as bad to have to drive out and get him, school is about 15 miles away. No more activity bus, we are grateful for activities these days I guess.
Birthday week- David's 14 tomorrow. WoW! We will celebrate by going to the mothers of multiples sale to shop early, wishing I would have sold. I won't in March, because I WILL HAVE A NEWBORN. WOoP...WoRd oUt! So then I am like a hoarder with bins of clothes ready to flip into my budget. Could my purchasing wait too?! Anyhow, David has always wanted to go with me. I may even deviate from the household rule and let him wander on his own, seriously, it's his birthday! Then he may be having a friend overnight. My mom will be visiting Sunday too for both boys. Noah turns 4 on Wednesday. I am going to try to take Steph's habit of taking a pic of the birthday kid with mom and dad each year. That is really a good idea. So, there in writing, a goal:)
Okay, so first public announcement, as if it gets more public than this:)
TIE BREAKER BABY...who will share a room? Noah or Naomi? To be determined October 17th, and baby due March 12- Nat, does that give you a bd buddy?!
Spring break tie breaker baby, ready or not, filling up the van!
Now I have broken the ice of my delayed posting, it has just been busy days! Plus I got strep this week, nice. Wishing all of you a great start to fall, loving the leaves! MN does have it's perks...I'd argue autumn is definitely one!
29 Weeks (Eden)
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
don't be shy! i love feedback!